June 11, 2017
The devil is in the details… a Vitullo moment.
What is so wonderful about a Vitullo photograph is the exquisite details. Since the first exhibit at Bert Gallery in 2004, her work has fascinated me because of the assembly of people, objects and stories captured in a black and white image.
What about ” Street Chat.” What the heck is happening on Atwells Ave in 1956?
- Is it a payoff or just guys clowning around?
- What is in the bag? – ravioli?
- I bet they all have Borsalino fedoras? Aren’t they marvelous.
- Why the heck are these dudes hanging out on a busy city corner?
- Notice the National Bank of Providence – the days before bank mergers.
Tagged in: Art Intrigues